The 2013 Large Loss Conference, hosted by Ill.-based Property Loss Research Bureau, featured 25 sessions and provided professional development education to close to 1,000 claims professionals attending the sessions in Jacksonville, Fla.
The sessions were offered in three areas: casualty claims, commercial lines property claims and personal lines property claims.
- Adjusting a Construction Site Accident Claim
- Changing Times, Shifting Risks: Distinguishing SIRs & Large Deductibles
- Construction Defect Litigation Management: A Novel Approach
- Multiple Claimants & Insufficient Policy Limits
- We Didn’t Start the Fire: But What About the Duty to Defend?
Commercial Lines Property Claims
- Adjusting Large Building Losses at Manufacturing Facilities
- Assessing Exposures Following a Data Breach
- Effect of Multiple Windstorm Events on the Insured’s Damage Claim
- Expanding Business Income Loss Coverage
- Valve Failures Leading to Large Water Losses: Product or Installation Error?
Personal Lines Property Claims
- Creative Arson: Kitchen Fires and other Suspicious Fire Starters
- Good Faith Claims Communications
- Personal Property Claims Challenges: Antiques, Fine Art & Jewelry
- Resolving Difficult First-party Claims by Finding Common Ground
- Superstorm Sandy Workshop: Analysis of Large Loss
Next year, PLRB will host the Large Loss Conference in Scottsdale, Ariz., October 29-31, 2014 at the Westin Kierland Hotel. For details on this and other conferences, visit www.plrb.org.