- LocationGreater Los Angeles Area
- Posted OnJune 26, 2018
The Senior VP of Brokerage Operations is responsible for nationwide Property and Casualty insurance brokerage operations, including long-term operational strategy, day-to-day management of multi-branch operations, and will work in conjunction with the sales teams to develop best-in-class insurance operational performance.
Company is a growing, full-service and multistate insurance brokerage offering commercial lines, personal lines, and benefits services. Company is focused on serving its clients in the middle-market space ($25M to $250M in revenue), with a focus on the Manufacturing, Distribution, Real Estate, and Non-Profit sectors.
Company’s success through the years has come through strong connections with its customers and by providing robust value-added services, including top marks in loss control consulting and employee training.
The Company’s goals are to grow significantly over the next five years through continued implementation of its strategic plan.
This is an executive position reporting directly EVP of Brokerage or to the CEO. This is a key leadership role in the Company and could entail membership on the Company’s Executive Leadership Team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
• Recruit, train and lead a top-tier team of client service professionals.
• Develop, refine or revamp the Company’s current operations processes, executing to deliver improving results.
• Assist and help close new customer relationships.
• Seek to leverage technology, or other creative solutions, to create efficiencies while providing clients an improved experience.
• Provide regional and company-wide leadership alongside tactical support.
• Report results, develop and execute action plans on a periodic basis.
• Assess the current resources, processes, and tools to propose and implement improvements to the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Dynamic, high-energy leader with experience working in a results driven atmosphere.
• Demonstrated experience and success building an operations team with proven results.
• Combines inspirational leadership, confidence, and empathy to attract and motivate the best talent.
• Insurance company or insurance brokerage experience is a plus, but any similarly applicable experience in brokerage (e.g. real estate or stock) or in corporate sales (commercial, industrial, technology, etc.) is helpful.
• Project management experience useful. The ability to effectively prioritize tasks, coordinate resources, motivate teammates, and to drive to firm deadlines are critical to succeeding in this role.
• Ability to positively and constructively collaborate with other members of the Executive Team and the Company.
• Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Office.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience performing similar work (minimum 10 years).
• MBA is a plus.
• Applicable licenses are a plus.
• Must be able to travel at least 20% of the time.
$175,000-$200,000 base + aggressive bonus structure.
Position and Company are located in the Greater Los Angeles Area
How to ApplyPlease submit a cover letter that highlights your relevant experience and abilities along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RESUMES WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.