Alaska House Fire Starts With Oily Towels in Dryer

February 26, 2013

Juneau firefighters say they extinguished a house fire that had an unusual source.

Officials from Capital City Fire Rescue say the homeowner had used towels to clean up cooking oil and then placed them in a washing machine.

Fire Marshal Dan Jager says the towels were then placed in a dryer and they spontaneously combusted.

KINY-radio reports the fire Friday night caused about $300 damage to the Mendenhall Valley home.

One resident of the home was treated for minor smoke inhalation.

Subscribe Like this article?
Subscribe to our free email newsletter.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

More News
More News Features