We thank Optum for sharing their 2018 update of the prevailing industry influences impacting pharmacy outcomes in this summary of insights extracted from their 2018 Workers’ Compensation Drug Trends Report.
This report highlights:
- average prescription medication cost per claim decreased
- generic utilization rose for the sixth consecutive year
- opioid analgesics utilization and spend continues to trend downward
- compounded medication utilization and spend has dramatically decreased
- specialty medications as a percentage of total prescriptions remained flat
And much more.