- CompanyCalifornia Insurance Specialists
- LocationSanta Ana, California
- Posted OnJanuary 10, 2019
California Insurance Specialists, is searching for our next Manager of Operations in our Santa Ana corporate location. This is a key position and reports to the Senior Vice President. This person is responsible for the management and direction of the sales and servicing unit. This person will be responsible for promoting outstanding customer service, consistent sales, and successfully cross-selling the clients of the agency. Retention of happy clients is a top priority.
Overseeing the agency operation in Santa Ana, meeting with executives and staff to discuss operational goals, address issues, resolve problems, and meet monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for sales and service.
Monitor performance of the staff in meeting the sales and service objectives and goals of the agency.
Meeting with carrier representatives to be informed and aware of all potential changes occurring within the marketplace and the impact this will have on new business and retention of existing clients. Maintain strong relationships with all of the agency carriers, MGA’s and agency partners.
This position will be key in retention of clients through policy evaluation based on changes in the marketplace and will direct and coordinate agency activities to meet the objective.
Solicit and review staff input to better meet the agency objectives and recommend approval or suggest changes to senior management.
Prepare budgets and forecasts as deemed necessary in the operation of the agency.
Prepare off-site meeting with various vendor groups that refer business to the agency.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask projects and deadlines
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Exceptional Customer Service and Personnel Motivation Skills
- Critical Thinking in Analyzing Strategic Projects
- AMS 360 experience helpful
Education and Experience:
- California Property & Casualty License
- Minimum 10 years of insurance experience with at least 5 years of independent agency experience, 3+ years of increasing responsibilities including supervising or managing a department.
- Valid California Driver’s License with satisfactory insurability.
- Medical (HMO or PPO), Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K with match available.
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued during first year of employment.
- 8 paid holidays
A Background check will be completed in compliance with CA labor law.