- CompanyBender Insurance Solutions
- LocationRoseville, CA
- Posted OnMarch 28, 2019
The ideal Claims Advocate candidate should…
Enjoy applying high-level claims handling experience to middle market commercial clients.
Have a desire to be part of a team focused on constant improvement for themselves and the customer experience.
Embrace learning about claims handling trends, safety methods and loss control/ prevention resources.
Be a leader and have strong communication skills.
Have knowledge in Construction Defect claims is a huge plus.
The Claims Advocate will be responsible for both client-facing and internal company specific job duties, including, but not limited to:
- Acting as client/carrier liaison on claims issues with significant property damage, total loss, serious injury or fatality, evaluating claims for scope, severity and coverage.
- Assisting on client’s open claims by reducing reserves, mitigating impact of loss, expediting closure and negotiating claim handling in disputed situations.
- Providing claims trending analysis.
- Coordinating client claim reviews/summaries with in-person presentations, as needed.
- Providing support to Account Managers for their claims servicing responsibilities, as directed by Commercial Lines Manager.
- Reporting and advising Commercial Lines Manager and President on Agency’s Errors & Omissions situations and maintain relationship with E&O Carrier.
- Maintaining Bender Insurance Solutions Large Loss Report.
- Conducting annual California Fair Claims Settlement Practice Regulation training for all licensed employees.
- For a full job description, please apply for the position.
Work Experience, Skills and/or Education includes, but not limited to:
- Minimum of 5 years insurance claims experience, including strong knowledge of insurance terminology and coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management or equivalent major or completion of an Insurance study program preferred.
- Property and Casualty Agents/Brokers License in good standing.
- Professional Designations of CRM, ARM, CIC, CPCU, etc. preferred.
- Experience using Applied Epic preferred.
- Familiar with construction defect claims management.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with Staff, Clients, Key Partners and Insurance Carriers.
- Ability to be a team player and work cohesively with other Bender Insurance Solutions staff to achieve Agency goals.
- Able to represent Bender Insurance Solutions in a professional manner.
- Able to consistently provide excellent claim service.
- Ability to treat others with respect and consideration in the spirit of cooperation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information.