- CompanyAmerisure Mutual Insurance
- LocationTampa, FL; St. Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN or Farmington Hills, MI
- Posted OnDecember 21, 2016
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners for Success agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an “A” (excellent) rated organization from A.M. Best Company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 200 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, and have more than $742.5 million in Direct Written Premiums and $843 million in surplus.
To support our strategic growth, we are expanding our marketing/underwriting force and are seeking exceptionally talented individuals to add to staff in Tampa, FL; Minneapolis, MN; Farmington Hills, MI and/or St. Louis, MO for our Marketing Underwriting Associates opportunity.
Our Marketing Underwriting Associates are provided with comprehensive technical and marketing training needed to advance in Amerisure’s performance culture. Participants will develop skills to advance to an integral role at Amerisure by participating in classroom training, self-study and mentoring with Amerisure’s top Marketing Underwriters. The program lasts approximately one year. Upon successful completion of the program, Marketing Underwriting Associates are promoted to Marketing Underwriter and become responsible for an overall book of business in an assigned territory with responsibilities that include, but are not limited to: production, profitability, agency management and service coordination.
Marketing Underwriting Associates will observe and assist in marketing, evaluating and pricing products and services within Amerisure target classes. Serve as an agency contact and service coordinator for assigned agents or as a partner with other underwriters to service their accounts.
• Observe and assist in marketing, evaluating and pricing products and services within Amerisure target classes of business.
• Observe and assist in executing business plans for achieving established operational plan targets for written premium, loss ratio, product retention, pricing and coordination of service.
• Order and screen miscellaneous reports in the rating and underwriting process such as Motor Vehicle Reports (MVRs), loss runs, credit scores, loss control inspections, etc.
• Participate in agency visits and in servicing the agency relationship, facilitating communication between the agency and Amerisure service team to obtain information necessary for screenings, transactions, resolving policy and billing issues, etc.
• Collaborate with service team to support and advance the Partners for Success strategy, ensuring adherence to the service model and promoting a strong customer service focus.
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL TRAINING PROGRAM.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in insurance.
• 1 year of insurance industry experience, participation in an insurance industry internship or other business related experience.
• Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Ability to travel within assigned region.
• Candidates must be located in or be willing to relocate to one of the locations listed.
• Tampa, FL
• Minneapolis, MN
• St. Louis, MO
• Farmington Hills, MI
Amerisure will assist with relocation costs for the right candidate.
Only the Best and Brightest need apply!
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners for Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, cash balance pension plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.